HOW TO BUY YOUR FESTIVAL TICKETS SAFELY
There are so many credible-looking websites set up for the express purpose of making a lot of money for their owner that we only ever advise our readers to purchase from primary ticket sites, companies like See Tickets, Ticketline UK, Ticketmaster, Ticketweb, Eventim, Gigs and Tours, Piccadilly Box Office / Ticketline and Gigantic are all examples of legitimate, primary ticket outlets.
On all of our festival pages you will see our “BUY TICKETS” logo (see below) – these are linked to the official festival website or approved tickets agents websites so you can be sure of buying your tickets in absolute confidence and security
Safe ticket buying online or by phone!
Quick guide – what to look out for and warning signs
1. Are you buying from a primary ticket site – an authorised ticket agent
2. Check on the festival/band/event or venue website – are there tickets on sale there and who are their authorised agents?
3. Have they got good contact details on the site with an address and phone number?
4. Are they VAT registered in the relevant country?
5. Are the tickets actually on sale?
6. Are they offering tickets to sold out events?
7. Check where and who the website is registered to
8. Is the face value of the ticket displayed prominently?
9. What is the companies policy on refunds?
10. It is illegal to re-sell tickets to football matches
RECOMMENDED PRIMARY TICKET AGENTS IN EUROPE
WE WOULD ALWAYS RECOMMEND BUYING DIRECT FROM THE FESTIVALS OFFICIAL WEBSITE AND THEIR APPROVED TICKETING PARTNERS